Friday, June 15, 2007

Am back.

I changed. Yep. For a year and a half I restrained myself from accessing the internet. I sold my laptop computer, stopped my ISP subscription and did a lot of new things. I quit my job as a professor in one university (but I still teach part-time at a local government college) and accepted a mediocre paying job as a government employee. Contrary to popular belief that government employees just sit and watch the time pass by, my job entails a lot of work. And stress at that too. I wanted security of tenure and I got it. I am not getting any younger. In fact, this was noticed by one absurd stalker and commented that she no longer has a crush on me because I look old. Oh well, she hasn't seen me in 2 years. Thanks a lot!

Now, here I am starting another blog. I wish I could keep it. The other two blogs that I maintained before were solely dedicated to one person and my life journey with her. Now that we're no longer together I wish I could write more about my life, my experiences and the morbid thoughts that comes to me every single day. As Maya Angelou said, "If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." It's all a matter of perspective. Changing my view of things will change the way I picture myself. Earl Nightingale clearly says it all, "A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed."

-sigh-

I can do it.

No comments: