Friday, February 22, 2008

From teaching to bowling

I look forward to Saturdays. Because it's the time that I can get out of the house and become a productive citizen of this country. Some may say that we have been forsaken by God, with all the political bickering, corruption and loss of moral ascendancy of leaders, still I love my country. And I get all lit up when former students come to me and simply open a topic regarding the current political situation. They weren't even geared towards the social sciences, they were more on the technical side - my last semester's engineering section. I saw them today, and they approached me gusto lang makipag kwentuhan tungkol kay Lozada, kay GMA, sa mga cabinet members involved in the ZTE-NBN controversy. Edson, Rey, Marjun and Jayson (who sent me an email expressing his frustration on what is happening with our country the other day) all had their two cents worth on the issue. I gladly listened to them. We exchanged views for about ten minutes before we parted ways. I have to attend to my class, so I excused myself. Only to find out that classes this afternoon have been suspended. May bowling tournament daw kami ngayong ala una sa JM Mendoza sports center. I was given a shirt, isuot ko daw for the tournament. Eh naka pormal ako, slacks with the usual long sleeves with embroidered design chinese collared top. So, I went home. Kaya nga nakapag post pa ako ngayon.

Nakakatuwa talaga.
This is the reason why I could never leave my profession. Edson, Rey, Marjun and Jayson, thanks for reminding me of my purpose. Kahit makukulit kayo, the fact that you are now concerned and vigilant with the way things are going in our society makes me so proud of you guys.

No comments: