Thursday, April 24, 2008

3-1

Saw the performance evaluation of instructors today, was happy to see that overall I ranked third with a rating of 91% and first in the social science roster of faculty. All of the comments by the students were positive. When I see evaluations like these I smile and thank God for the gift he gave me - the gift of reaching out to these poor but talented students.

I was talking to some of them this afternoon together with Ms. R and Ms. T, both were ranked first with a rating of 93%. They're old enough to be my mom but there are things that we have in common - we don't have titles tucked inside our belts. Ironic. Those who have their Ph.D.'s didn't even land in the top ten. Which makes me curious to make a study whether titles (MA/MS, Ed.D./Ph.D.) can be equated with competence. But then again, matinding pader ang babanggain ko kapag ginawa ko 'to. Maraming mga nasa posisyon ang matatamaan, masasagasaan. If they'd push me to finish my thesis and pursue a Ph.D. I might consider making it as my new topic.

Kaya nga sabi ni Mam T kanina, ako daw pala ang salarin kung bakit naging mga aktibista ang mga incoming senior students ng BSE. Ibinuko kasi ako ng mga loko nung nagkukwentuhan kami. Can't help it, I was trained to be critical of the status quo. Iskolar ng Bayan eh!

No comments: