Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Need vs. Want

It's amazing how we are conditioned to want almost everything in this life. Every single day when we watch the television, material things are flashed for us to ogre upon and crave. It appeals to our emotion, the copywriters of advertising companies are very good at doing their job.

Sometimes I wish things were simple. That people be content with what they have. You are lucky if you have a home, food to eat and clothes to wear. At least that's how it was a few years back. Now, our needs are overpowered and clouded by what we want. Am I spared of this conditioning? Of course not, I'm guilty of it. Just look at these eyeglasses that I have. Ideally I'd be using just two, one for indoor and another for the outdoors. But I do have at least four eyeglasses.

There are times I wish I'm in a place where I could simply enjoy nature. That if I wanted to eat I would have to go fishing in the lake. If I wanted fruits, I'd have to get it straight from the tree. If I wanted to just spend some quiet time, I'd just go out into the woods and commune with nature. Probably it goes with age. Tumatanda na talaga ako. Hehehehe. Senti na naman.

Di kasi ako nakasama sa Pagudpud eh. Manny, patingin ng pictures!

No comments: