Monday, April 7, 2008

News, lately

Heard my Dad tell my Mom to shut off the television set this evening and just plug in the magic sing microphone. He said he gets affected with the negative news he hears and watches every single day. Sabi ko naman kailan pa na naging maganda ang balita? Newsworthy stories almost always are in the negative. If you report something good, people still find something bad about it and tries to contradict the earlier reports. Can't blame my Dad though, tindi naman kasi ng mga balita lately: rice shortage (actually there's enough supply but the government is hiding it, mas malaki kasi ang kita ng mga nasa posisyon kapag imported rice ang kinuha), six more weeks of oil price hike, legitimacy of Arroyo's administration, etc.

Sa totoo lang, I don't watch news. I just read them in the papers. Actually, not really read but I just amuse myself with the editorial cartoon. The issue is embodied there. Haaaay buhay...

No comments: