Saturday, May 3, 2008

Goodbye Tito Ugin

My Dad was very eager to go to QC this morning to see Tito Ugin. They have a scheduled training at OWWA this May and they haven't talked about the training module yet. The past week Tito Ugin said he couldn't come here because he doesn't have funds to do so. So my Dad decided to come over at his house this morning.

When my Dad went home before lunch we were all shocked by the news - Tito Ugin was found dead in his apartment this morning. His computer was open but he was lying on the floor with vomit in the floor. According to his neighbors they were calling him out last night but he didn't answer. So they thought he was out of the house. He lives alone. His family is in the USA. He's an American but he gave up his citizenship and decided to become a Filipino. He was a very principled man, he lived like a saint. Nobody could ever shake his principles, not even my Dad. What my Dad has become, we owe it all to Tito Ugin.

But he's gone now. His body is still at the crime lab. My Dad's grieving silently.

What will happen next? I don't know. But we have to move on.

No comments: