Monday, May 26, 2008

On being aware

When the ear hears, observe the mind. Does it get caught up and make a story out of the sound? Is it disturbed? You can know this, stay with it, be aware. At times you may want to escape from the sounds, but that is not the way out. You must escape through awareness.

- Ajahn Chah, "Still Forest Pool"

I have observed that for the past few months I tend to react on things abruptly. This is very unusual of me since I have always tried to give the other party the benefit of the doubt. I really don't know why but lately I've been feeling jealous about people and things. I guess that's really how it is when you love a person that bad.

Kaya pag hindi ako agad nag-react, hindi ibig sabihin na dini-deadma kita. It's just that I am processing my feelings. Kasi ayokong mabigla ka.

No comments: