Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Restless nights

In Buddhism, the source of moral authority is the causal law. Be kind, be just, be humane, be honest if you desire to crown your future. Dishonesty, cruelty, inhumanity will condemn you to a miserable fall.

- Soyen Shaku

People have been wishing me well for the last few weeks. I've been asking myself if it was that obvious - that I've got a lot of things on my mind, that I am stressed. Ever since the result of the GSE selection got out, I couldn't sleep soundly. Dreams had appeared, one in which I've been in contact with the angel of death. He pinned me down, pushed at my heart so hard I couldn't breathe then let me go and vanished into thin air. Weird.

The last dream I had was this morning, I was in the hospital bed, of course at my nurse's floor. She was administering an angiogram (I think). Gabe came and then I asked him if he still remembers me, he nodded and said Tita Abie. I felt relieved. Then I woke up.

This GSE thing's been bugging me for weeks now. Only two months left to prepare all the needed documents and we haven't accomplished a single bit. This weekend we're going to have a meeting, word has it that anyone who misses three meetings will be out of the team. Talk about commitment! It's a good thing.

Thank you to all of those who believe that I can make it. And for everyone who's working their butts off to make this happen for me, I'll be forever grateful. RC Meycauayan-Uptown, if it's for me, it's for me. Don't feel sorry that you haven't exerted that extra push, don't make excuses that if only you had known that you've got a candidate... blah blah blah. It's over and done with. Let's hope for the best. This year or next year, Maryland or South Korea, you still got your international points when you try to clinch that title.

But of course, if asked for my preference I'd choose Maryland. Hehehehe!

No comments: