Friday, January 30, 2009

Cooking lessons

Since I got here I learned how to prepare food. I couldn't say "cook" because most of the food that I prepare are almost always simple. Kumbaga, tambog ka lang ng tambog. Palibhasa kasi nasanay ako sa Pilipinas na talagang isa-isa mong aayusin ang mga ingredients.

Now, I am getting the hang of it. These past few days I've been getting a lot of compliments with my style of cooking. Daniel, when he came into the facility, does not have a good appetite. Ed, on the other hand eats almost anything served at the dining table. Yesterday I told Daniel that I was going to serve baked salmon for lunch. He replied that he isn't a fish person but he'd try what I'll prepare. Much to my surprise he did finish his meal and even bragged about it to his parents who visited him in the afternoon.

Nakakatawa, dito pa ako sa Amerika natutong magluto. Susme! Samantalang sa nung nasa sarili ko akong bahay ni hindi ko makuhang magluto para sa nanay at tatay ko!

Mukha naman akong happy sa pagluluto di ba? Hehehe!

No comments: