Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Magic Jack

Last night Tita Lucy and Tita Vangie called me up to tell me that Tita Minda is in the Philippines with the Magic Jack that Tita Lucy bought for my Mom. They were excited about it because with the device we could call them without international charges. It's like calling them here in the US because the assigned number is a US number. Since Tita Lucy got it for Mom, the number is an Ohio number which starts with an area code 567. We were waiting for them to call but I guess my Mom wasn't home yet so I told them that as soon as they called I would text or call them. It was already two in the morning when my Mom called. We talked for 47 minutes. First time we talked that much on the phone. The reception was good. I also included the number in myFaves so that I could receive and take their call anytime of the day without charges. So, how does it work? It is quite simple. It works on VOIP. But it requires that the user should have broadband access and a phone line.


It's easy as 1, 2, 3. Just plug the magic jack into any land line phone. Next step is to plug it in to any USB port in your desktop or laptop computer and voila! You can start receiving and making a call anywhere in the US for free. Errrr.. actually with a minimal cost. Initial year of service costs $39.99. Not bad huh?

No comments: