Sunday, July 29, 2007

Gadgets

Finally, my sister got the desktop computer and had it placed inside their room. I can now have peace and quiet in my own room without her and her kids every time I come home. As part of the package I made sure that she has internet connection. So, that's what kept me busy half of the day yesterday.

Come lunchtime, I waited for Glen to come by and deliver the slightly used laptop so that I could have my own internet access right in the privacy of my own room (yeah, yeah.. you know what I mean). He promised to be at our house at two thirty but managed to drop by at around four. I thought the deal was off. But when he showed me item, I liked it. It's so cute. Hehehehe!.

I got the Toshiba Portege 3440 with the following specs

- Pentium III

- 500 Mhz, 128 mb RAM

- 12 gb of HDD

- 2 PCMCIA slots

- 1 USB port

- USB external floppy drive

- Adaptor

The battery lasts around 30-45 minutes so I've got to have the battery repacked. He says it costs P1,200 in Cubao.

I can upgrade it if I want to. But for the meantime I am glad I can use it at home and take it anywhere I want to because it's so thin. Hehehe.

He also gave me a PCMCIA card modem as a freebie. So, I used it last night to surf the net. I am satisfied (for now). Hehehehe. It cost me less than 10k for this. I was supposed to buy a PDA dual sim phone (Q77i) at the HUG store in Baclaran but I deferred it (will have a separate post about the Q77i).

My wife would really go nuts if she finds out that I have my eye on another phone. Hehehe.

No comments: