Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dual sim active standy mobile phones

I was dreaming of having one of this, the Samsung D880 duos mobile phone. A slider phone, wow it really caught my attention. It's the first branded phone ever released that can handle two sim cards simultaneously. It simply means that you can have your Globe + Smart or Globe + Sun or Smart + Sun network working at the same time. Simply put, it's like having two mobile phones in one. The fact that it is triband appeals to me even more. But it lacks 3G functionality which the Verzio Duplii has.

The Duplii is fine, it's triband has a dual sim active standy by functionality with a 3G capability, and it can also boast of having a memory card but the keypad layout is a little bit different from what we're used to. The space key is place in the middle right corner as well as the number zero. Hmmm.. another things, it's a candy bar type of phone and it is bulky.

What I have right now is the B889 China dual sim card phone. The features are almost the same, 2 sim card which works simultaneously, a card slot for sd memory, video capability. It doesn't have a built-in radio but it can play MP3 music. The keypad layout is the same as that of Duplii, which for non-Nokia users or branded mobile phone users could take a lot of getting used to. But what turned me off about this phone is the fact that it was not triband. The box and the manual says that it is. But it is not. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Price difference is also a factor for choosing these gadgets. The D880 costs P20,000 in Samsung shops, P17,500 in other accredited stores with one year warranty on parts and service. The Duplii costs P15,000 at Wellcom stores with a two year service and parts warranty. And of course, the cheapest would be the B889. I got mine via trade with my Nokia 3110c plus P3500 cash. But the price when I got it was still at P7000.

When I think about gadgets now, I simply sigh and say kesa dalhin ko diyan ang pera ko. Ipapaayos ko na lang ang bahay ko.

At the end of the day, 'yung bahay ko pa rin ang naiisip ko. I am bordering on obsession na yata. At least I'm getting my mind off on being horny. Hahahaha!

No comments: