Thursday, February 21, 2008

Routine check

My HS les classmate popped me a message this evening. I had a late afternoon nap and woke up at around eight in the evening. Medyo disoriented pa nga ako when I woke up. I opened my laptop and checked my mails. Then the message came in. Had a short chat with her, still wounded from a breakup kaya panay ang travel. Baka dun daw siya makahanap ng partner. Loko nga, she sent me astrological forecasts for 2008 and stuff like that. Sabi niya guide lang naman daw. Pareho kasi kaming Capricorn, year of the Ox. At sabi daw sa forecast, panay fling na lang daw muna siya. Mahirap daw kasi kami ma-in love, serious masyado. Bull pa. Na open ang relationship issues, kinumusta ang relationship ko. Told her we're fine, we're okay. LDR is hard but I'm used to it, she's not. Blah blah blah. She gave me a word of advice, sabi niya in her experience, when routine changes there is something wrong. Proven na daw 'yun sa kanya. But she said, that's just her.

I told her that relationships entail trust and respect. Love is never a question, at least for me. But trust and respect is a big issue. When something goes wrong, if the relationship doesn't work out, I always tell myself - maybe I have served my purpose. And I wish my ex-partner well. A good life, a happy relationship, that maybe I haven't been able to give her.

Gaga nga eh, dati daw ganun din siya. Kaya lang 'yung mga naging partners niya, wala naman paki. Wag daw akong martir. Told her it's just my take on relationships. I don't usually remember the bad times, the good times I remember vividly.

My conversation with Stine made me think. Should I or should I not make a routine check?

Hmmmm.. I'll just take Rivotril na lang. Hehehe!

No comments: