Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oh tukso, layuan mo ako!

My mom's generation knew the song very well, it was Eva Eugenio who popularized the song Tukso. I was thinking about this song in relation to today's gospel on the temptation of Jesus Christ for 40 days in the desert while I was listening to the sermon. Posible nga ba na lumayo sa 'yo ang tukso? Eh di ba 'yun nga ang intention at purpose niya? Ang lumapit sa 'yo at subukin ang kahinaan mo? So, it is more apt to say that we should stay away for as much as we can to temptations. Because it will always be there, lurking behind us, jumping at the slightest chance of weakness that we manifest.

I am not a saint. I thought I was but experience has proven me time and again that I am not. Hard as I try, my prayers are not enough to fight my weakness. I have no intention of becoming one because honestly, mas masarap gawin ang bawal. Hahahahaha! There's the thrill of doing it and not getting caught. Mala-teenager ba? But truth be told, almost everyone of us has this fantasy of doing something forbidden. And it takes a lot of heart, a lot faith and a ton of self-control not to indulge in it.

Bago pa ako mapunta kung saan-saan, I'd just like to share what the acronym of the day is: MALI.

M adalian. Ayaw natin na nahihirapan tayo. Gusto natin one-click lang nasa atin na ang gusto natin.
A ngat sa iba. Ito 'yung yabang na sinasabi. Hmmm.. pwede ring crab mentality. Need I say more?
L uho. Hmmmmm.. need versus want. Marami sa atin hindi alam ang pagkakaiba nun.
I nggit. Aha, tingin ka lang sa paligid kahit sa loob mismo ng tahanan ninyo, meron niyan.

Gusto ko nga sana i-
counter ng TAMA. But I haven't taken my coffee yet. Ayaw pa mag-function ng utak ko. Hehehehe! What an excuse!

G'morning everyone!

No comments: