Thursday, February 14, 2008

On heroes and superhuman powers


Kung may Superman ka na laging to the rescue at the Flash, na isang tawag mo lang nasa tabi mo na. Ako naman si Wolverine with no superhuman powers like Superman and the Flash. Pero hinding-hindi mo makakalimutan because of his mysterious character.

This made me curious, I have liked Wolverine or Logan's character so much in the X-Men series that whenever I am asked about my favorite superhero, I would definitely answer Wolverine. I even wanted to have my Little Devil airbrushed with Wolverine's image that I got from the internet and modified using Adobe Photoshop. But what do I know of his abilities except for the fact that he can regenerate fast? Wala. So, I tried to research a little and found out that he has the following abilities:
  • Regenerative healing factor
  • Superhuman senses, strength, stamina, agility, and reflexes
  • Adamantium-laced skeletal structure with retractable claws
  • Resistance to telepathy
  • Expert martial artist
  • Able to understand, speak and read Japanese
I liked his skills as well as his personality, specially the one in which he lapses into a "berserker rage" while in close combat. I do think that I have this in me but I control it as much as I can so as not to hurt anyone (well, physically that is). Logan adheres to bushido, a firm code of personal honor and morality. He is often irreverent and rebellious, particularly towards authority (hmmm.. this I wish I had, but being the eldest in a brood of five, I limit it and keep it at the helm) but he is a capable and reliable leader. According to the article, he has had romantic, platonic, and even paternal relationships over the decades with numerous women. Oh, well...

Wolverine's catch phrase, and this I really like, is "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

Sounds a little like me when I'm on a berserker rage mode, which is not often. So, please, please, please, do not provoke me.

No comments: