Thursday, February 14, 2008

Updates

My Mom went home and ate lunch with my Dad, buti na lang nagluto ako. I got out of bed late around 9:00, four hours later than my usual wake up call. She told me the news about the letter, the President of SMCM (we call them Directress during my HS years), liked the letter. According to her it was clear, concise, straight to the point. That's why it was easy for them to answer it point by point. And what was the answer to all of the questions? YES. Which means my Mom would get 100% of her RVM retirement benefits. The only questions now is this: how will they compute it? Since there is no provision in their manual on the exact computation of the fringe benefit I told my Mom that she should be vigilant and if possible, ask for the formula regarding the computation of her claim. She should not be complacent. Sabi nga niya, madami na daw kasing nag resign dati at sa tuwing matatanggap nila 'yung notice kung magkano ang matatanggap nilang retirement benefit umiiyak na lang dahil sobrang liit kumpara sa inaasahan nilang tatanggapin.

I don't want my Mom experiencing the same. That's why I'm still on my toes asking her for updates everyday. Sabi tuloy niya, kaya pala hindi ka matanggap-tanggap sa Saint Mary's eh. Taga UP ka kasi, na-anticipate na nila na marami kang kukuwestiyunin sa mga policies nila.

Ganun talaga. Tibak eh.

No comments: