Friday, March 14, 2008

When i'm 64

Woke up late, around eleven in the morning. For whatever reason, my eyes just couldn't seem to open and for the most part my body just wanted to stay in bed or even stay unconscious until who knows when. But I got to get up and do an errand. Took off with my bike and returned as soon as I can and threw myself back to bed. Stuck in my room for the entire day.

Dozed off and woke up with the voice of my dad singing full blast with my mom. It was eight in the evening. Pulled myself up and then went out of my room and saw them singing, mom was sitting in the rocking chair, dad was lying on the couch. I tell myself, so this is how it is when you are retired from work. Not bad. I smiled. For thirty six years now they've been together. Couldn't say that the marriage is perfect. Because no relationship is perfect. Happy or not, I'm just glad they're still together. We really never talked about it.

Sigh. I'm not sure if I'd even reach the age of retirement. Or should I say I'm not thinking about it anymore. Unlike before when I used to think about the future, how our lives would be like, were we going to have a ranch? What car would we be driving? How'd we spend our days when we get old.



This will make you smile.

While watching a movie, she glanced at you and giggled. She turned to you, lowered her glasses and said,

Why?
*with a baffled look*

Wala lang, nakikita lang kita kapag tumanda na tayo. *still giggling*

So, hindi na ako cute nun. Dami ko na linya sa noo at malamang, doble vista na ang salamin ko.

Oo nga. Hihihihi.
*turns to the other person and brushes her fingers from forehead down to her nose and lips*

At malamang bungal na tayong dalawa!

Gago ka talaga! Ang loko mo.

Kaya mo nga ako mahal na mahal eh, gago kasi ako at saka maloko.

It's not everyday that you get conversations like this. It's also not something that you say to just anybody. This is a conversation that you'll be having with someone you truly love.


No comments: