Friday, April 18, 2008

So this is what it's like...

to become part of the administration. First three days of my training and I am missing my stint as a professor. Sure thing, I will still teach next semester. I'd probably do five hours of administrative work and then spend the rest of the day teaching. It's what I love to do, teach. It's actually more of sharing than teaching. Because I believe that the students' knowledge of the social sciences are inculcated in them back in their high school days. What I do is try to bring out and hone their critical thinking skills by shattering the basics of their high school knowledge of the social sciences. Oh well, I could still do that. Just don't know the schedule yet - will I teach in the morning or in the afternoon? I prefer to teach in the afternoon and do my administrative work in the morning. Mas madaling lumayas kapag tapos na ang obligasyon mo sa opisina. Hehehehe.

Sabi nga ng
nurse ko nagpapaka-Rizal na naman daw ako. Apo daw talaga ko ng pambansang bading, este, bayani. My dedication to the profession is so intense that I tend to forget when to stop working. I really don't know. I don't feel like I am working when I teach. It's weird but I really enjoy what I'm doing. Sabi ko pa nga, gusto kong mag-part time sa ibang college or university. Kaya lang mukhang di ko na magagawa kasi andaming trabaho sa opisina.

I'm not a stranger to government service. I know how things work. Madaming petiks lang sa trabaho at kailangang disiplinahin, may mga titulado pero wala namang binatbat, at syempre pa merong mga nagpapaka dakila. Where do I fit in? I guess that's pretty obvious. Kaya nga ako napapagalitan, first three days on the job pa lang nasermunan na ako. Maghinay-hinay daw ako at hindi ako pwedeng ma-stress.

Just happy that I am finally out of the house. Hindi talaga ako sanay na nasa bahay lang. Siguro kung bahay ko talaga at may kasama ako pwede akong magkulong ng kahit anim na buwan. Mwehehehehe!

No comments: