Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My day, so far

Went out this morning to visit my godson Wayne and to pick up the Yabang Pinoy band at their house. Played with him for a while but he wanted to ride my bike. Buti na lang dumating ang kalaro niya, nawala ang atensyon sa motor ko. So I just watched him play with his barkada and observed his behavior. Kapag nakikipaglaro naman pala sa ka-edad niya eh nagsasalita na. Good sign. Di lang talaga kasi ako sanay na dalawang taon mahigit na ang bata eh di pa nagsasalita. After a short chit-chat with Zelle and her mom, I left. Went to a card shop and then went home. It was almost ten in the morning. Time for my routine, Dad's home and I need to prepare lunch for him, otherwise I would have to brace myself for a series of pasaring at sermon. Did that and then went to my room.

Around one in the afternoon, I went out again. This time to go to the postal office, had to mail some letters. I got a text message telling me to go straight to the city government, so I went there. Buti na lang makulimlim. I was on my way home when it rained, syempre pa basang-basa na naman ako. But it felt good. I miss the rain. I know the rain misses me too. There were times when I'm so down that I walked in the rain not knowing where to go nor when to stop. I miss the UP campus, the trees, the academic oval. -sigh-

I got home around two thirty. Changed clothes and stayed in bed for a while. I went down when I heard my mom. I asked how her day was. She told me that her retirement would take effect earlier than we expected. She would cease working next month which means no income. Her retirement benefits from RVM still needs to be processed, and at most it would take three months. Indirectly it meant that I would have to shoulder the expenses for three months. Thinking about it stresses me out. I still haven't got the appointment paper as the HR/Industrial Coordinator of MQAPC. I have learned that words are not enough, I need proof. Natutunan ko 'yan sa PAO. Hangga't walang papel, hindi pa totoo 'yun. I need to have a job.

This thought escaped me for a moment during the mass and recognition rites. I was with Sir Rey, he was staring at my hands all throughout the program. I didn't bother asking him why until he took my hand and told me na parang kandila daw ang mga daliri ko. Pinagkumpara pa niya 'yung mga kamay namin nina Mam Rose at Mam Ivy. Iba pa rin daw ang kamay ko. Parang hindi daw ako nagta-trabaho. Sabi pa niya, mabilis daw ang pasok ng pera sa akin dahil may hukay sa palad ko. I never noticed that.

I took the following pictures kasi inip na ako sa haba ng inspirational message ni Mr. Sy Peng, Jr. The speech lasted for about an hour. Grabe!


Tomorrow I have to brace myself for another set of speeches. Graduation rites naman.

No comments: