Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tiyan

After taking my second bath today I decided to trim my toenails. Sat in my mini-chair, got the nail clipper and bended over. I was surprised to feel discomfort, naiipit kasi ang tiyan ko ang hirap tuloy huminga! Made me smile and frown at the same time.

Made me smile since I've forgotten that for some time somebody called me Tummie kasi nga tumaba ako at lumaki ang tiyan ko. We made up cute names that rhymed with it, thus there was 'yummie' and 'chubbie' back in OLFU. My co-teachers found it cute, gustong-gusto nila pag tumataba ako. I looked like a bear kasi.

Made me frown because I hate getting out of shape. Back in my high school and college years I was obsessed with getting six pack abs. I was able to achieve only two. After that, I quit volleyball and then my body started to react negatively.

But now, I could only laugh at my body. It's not the body that I used to have, hirap na nga ako maggupit ng kuko sa paa eh! But come to think of it, with this body I could still win a best in swim wear award. Not bad. Hahahaha! I guess it all boils down to confidence and how you carry yourself.

Sabi nga sa isang TV ad, kering-keri ko!

No comments: