Monday, May 19, 2008

Of travels, first born and youngest child, and a father

My youngest brother and I were talking to each other last weekend while Cosme and Dindo were lashing north Luzon. Told him that I am going to Baguio this week and the weather was really bothering me. He told me that it was bad in Clark, Pampanga for he's been there a week before he went home. He also said that he's going to Boracay this week and will leave tomorrow, his birthday. We didn't realize that our dad was actually eavesdropping on our conversation. Dad told us not to go since the weather is really that bad. My brother and I just shrugged our shoulders and said that it will pass.

This afternoon when I got home I had this conversation with my dad:

Dad: Tuloy ka pa ba?
Me: Bakit?
Dad: Under state of calamity ang north luzon.
Me: Pangasinan lang 'yun dad, di kasama ang Baguio.
Dad: Wala ka masasakyan. Tuloy ka pa ba?
Me: Wala pa sa kamay ko 'yung pera.
Dad: Si Boy din aalis papuntang Boracay eh.
Me: Trabaho pupuntahan namin dad.

He was still saying something but I paid no attention since I find it unproductive arguing with him. Sabi nga ni Inang, wala kang masasabunot sa kalbo.

I don't know why he likes us so much. He's got this soft spot for Buboy and me that our other siblings notice it. Of course they resent it but they just shrug their shoulders too.

Ang panganay at ang bunso. Talaga naman!


No comments: