Sunday, August 3, 2008

3G power

Okay, this is not my history class so 3G doesn't stand for god, gold and glory. Hehehe! I am talking about third generation technology.

I've been struggling for an entire week because I do not have internet access at home. But now, thanks to 3G technology, I can access the web everywhere I go. Provided that I have with me my laptop and 3G-enabled phone.



I was supposed to susbcribe to Smartbro's plug-it internet so I inquired about it and found out that I should buy the USB modem for it and use my prepaid smart sim to access the internet. I asked the CSR if it is possible if I have a 3G-enabled phone and use it instead since plug-it internet basically uses 3G signal. She said yes. So, long and short of it I got a second hand Nokia N70 unit and configured it so that I could use it at home and in school.

Ah, the power of technology.

No comments: