Friday, August 22, 2008

Basic customer service

I am fuming mad. All afternoon I've been waiting for a person who made a promise to deliver an item at a specific time. I received an early text message informing me that all documents will be delivered in the morning. I acknowledged and waited. But I stayed in the office until five in the afternoon for the document, still no one from that office even bothered to call me up or send me a text message. Talk about basic customer service.

I tried to call, once, twice, thrice until I lost count. I decided to drop by their office. I confronted the assistant, still I didn't get a satisfactory answer. All I got were apologies. I told her she could have called me up if they couldn't deliver it on time so that I'll be the one to get it from their office. A simple courtesy like that would have been appreciated, but no, not even a word.

This evening, after stopping by at their office twice today, I got a text message apologizing for the delay. I answered politely but stressed that they should deliver on the date they said they will, that's basic customer service.

Pasalamat sila at polite pa ako. Kontrolado ko pa galit ko niyan. 'Yan ang isa sa mga ikinakukulo ng dugo ko, ang di pagtupad sa takdang usapan. Gusto mo kong galitin? Bigyan mo ako ng araw at oras pagkatapos huwag kang sumipot.

Sabi nga ni Miss Apple sa training session ko sa kanya, may dalawang klase ng customer - isang walker at isang talker.
During the training I admitted that I am a walker. But now, I am starting to become a talker.

No comments: