Wednesday, August 13, 2008

International driving

I've been thinking of getting an international driving permit otherwise known as international driver's license since last week. I did inquire on how much it would cost and it's no joke, more or less two thousand for one day processing. But I trusted my instinct and asked a few friends who've been there, one of them is Tina B. She says that I just have to have my locally issued driver's license and passport and I'm good to go. I double checked the information from my fellow BNCer's and as usual I get results that are very informative. Thanks to dlreyes, engr.aidrian, bosstl, wilsonuy, lavander, zerocool and gearbox. I didn't know that the Philippines is one of the 67 countries whose representatives signed the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic. Cool!

Long and short of it, I didn't have to apply for IDP/IDL. I just have to bring my Philippine Driver's License and voila, I can drive in US soil.

No comments: