Saturday, September 20, 2008

Table of organization

Last Saturday meeting was graced by the Academic Consultant (the former president of the college). I was awed by the profoundness of his thoughts. This guy knows what he's talking about, I muttered to myself. But that thought vanished when he started to repeat what he said after every ten minutes. Parang sirang plaka na. That's when I started to get bored. To flush the feeling out I started asking questions like I was in a classroom setting to which he answered knowingly. Sure I learned a lot of things. That in order to stay at my current post, I need to get 24 units of psychology and take another LET exam for it. I jokingly said that I'd drop the position anytime and go back to teaching. The council reacted. They don't want me to leave the post.

I did that again tonight during the meeting when the president, in an attempt to get my attention (she thought I wasn't listening to the discussion because I was scribbling notes) said that the council could just drop the HR post in the table of organization. I said, it's okay. I'd gladly go back to teaching. But she retracted and said she was only joking, that I was doing a good job at managing people. -Sigh-

Managing people, a challenge it is. Specially if the sub-culture of the college is built on politics. Kakapagod lumaro sa sayaw ng mga pulitiko at namumulitikang tao.

No comments: