Thursday, November 6, 2008

Panic mode and Frys

I was trying to tweak our new site this morning but I couldn't find it even on blogspot. Blogger is supposed to point to our .com site but all I get is an HTTP 404 Not Found message. Darn! I just posted a blog! So, I searched the net and blogger for help. Blogger said that since we purchased the domain name through them they would take care ot if. And that if we couldn't find our site, we just have to give them a little more time to make sure that all the DNS servers are updated. Whew! So, I need a day or two for them to fix it. Oh well..

I went to Frys Electronics today and found out that they have an Acer Aspire One 120GB XP Home Edition on stock for only $349.99! I got mine for almost $500 in the Philippines! But hey, come to think of it I got in on a 0% interest installment plan for 12 months. Hmmmm.. okay, okay.. stop panicking and calm down. Besides, they only have two color: blue and pink. Eeeew! Not my color anyway. I was looking around and tinkering with the laptop on display when a sales associate approached and asked if I have a question. Honestly, I don't have one. But at the last minute I asked him the difference between a Core 2 Duo and a Dual Core processor. He just said that they are the next generation processors and that's it. I said thank you but I shook my head after he left. Mas mabilis kasi ang Core 2 Duo. It works simultaneously. Unlike the Dual Core, kapag napuno na niya ang memory nung isa saka lang gagana 'yung isa pa. Hmmmm.. my wife would tell me yabangers ka! when I tell her about it later. She's still sleeping.

After my stop at the desktop computers and netbooks, I looked at the DVD section and got interested with the documentaries collection. I saw many historical documentaries. I wanted to grab 1 DVD collection which costs $4.99 but I had second thoughts about it. It's all about World War II. It's the topic that I hate most when I teach Philippine History that's why I wanted to buy the DVD to let my students watch it instead of me discussing it. Hehehehe.. anyway, here it is..



Hmmmm.. probably in a month or two I'm going to get it.

No comments: