Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blackberry as modem for Acer Aspire One

Finally made it work! Yes! Hehehe.. I was out yesterday for three things: first is to send some money to my mom thru bank transfer, second is to get a haircut, which I did and cost me 30 bucks and to get a data cable from the T-Mobile store so that I could surf the web using my Blackberry as modem for my netbook. I was very excited when I got home and started to tinker with my netbook and phone. I did all the necessary configurations settings and I was sure that I got it all right but the thing is the Blackberry Desktop Manager couldn't detect my phone! Darn! I did some repairs, installed a newer version of the software but still, no luck. So I promised myself that I would go to the T-Mobile shop today to let them know that the data cable isn't working. If they couldn't make it work, I am going to return it.
I came prepared. I have my netbook with me with the battery fully charged. I also brough the AC adapter just in case my battery runs low. Bought the data cable with the receipt and my phone. When I came into the store there were two sales reps, one female and the other male. They were still busy entertaining other clients so I looked around. When it was my turn I explained what I did last night and even showed them my netbook. They tinkered with it but couldn't make it work. They bought my phone and the data cable inside their staff room and tried it out in their computer. It worked. So, they said it must be my netbook or the software installed in my netbook. I told them I already upgraded it to version 4.5 from the earlier 4.1 but it still wouldn't work. They tinkered with my netbook, still no luck. Then Ti told them to try to restart the laptop and the phone altogether and see if it will turn out okay. After a few minutes, it worked. Hehehehe!

Now, I am posting this using my netbook and my Blackberry as a modem. I don't need to "beg" for wireless signals from my neighbors. Now I could surf the internet anywhere in the house, everywhere outside the house for as long as I have my phone and my netbook with me. Cool! ;)

2 comments:

ian7474 said...

talaga? pano yung charges ng internet? free?

Abiel said...

naka unlimited web and domestic messaging kasi ako kaya pasok na siya sa plan ko 'yun. ;)