Saturday, February 14, 2009

Perfect

Me and my Dad has a special bond. I don't know it started but I just found out one day that I don't hate him as much as I think I did when I was in college. Now, whenever I need to talk sense into me I go to my Dad. He wasn't there for me before. He was busy with work. But now, he always makes himself available. Some would say it's too late because I am way past adolescence. But it's never too late. We never know how are we going to end up in this world - dying young or living old. That's why now that I am far away from my Dad, I cherish the simple things that he does - text me when I send him messages. Answer my calls when I get the chance to call them.

Being the first born (I don't have the luxury of saying first born son but I know he'd beam with pride if I have been one), a lot has been expected of me. Whether or not I fulfilled the expectations is the topic of another blog post. For now, let me just post some exchanges me and my Dad had tonight:

Me: Nasagad pasensiya ko nitong mga huling araw kasi confused na pasyente ko. Napakakulit! Kung pwede ko lang sigawan nasigawan ko na eh! hHnahabaan ko na lang pasensiya ko kasi kailangan.. saka syempre, ito ang trabaho ko eh.. nabalik kasi ako ulit dito sa Newman, dati andun ako sa 808 Byron eh. Magaan lang pasyente ko sa Byron. dito kasi sa Newman anim ulit. tapos wala akong sariling kwarto. hHndi ako prepared nung biglang sinabing dito ako magdu-duty ulit kasi sanay na ako sa 808. Parang bahay ko na kasi un..

Dad: Aba e di congrats sa CHOICE OF ACTION MO. You are near Englightenment = choosing what happens when it happens = FULL ACCEPTANCE. Memory retains but no Pain.

Me: Dinadaan ko na nga lang sa tawa. Kung saan kasi ako ibato, doon ako. Iba na talaga ang magaling!

Dad: Wonderful, yes, SMILE! You see in crisis situation it's not a question of ability but a question of emotional STATE. SMILE takes you into pleasurable STATE.

Me: Oo nga Dad. Tama ka diyan.

Dad: Yan ang anak ko ngek! Namin pala ni Hileng at mas magaling pa kung tutuusin.

Me: Eh kanino pa ba naman ako magmamana kung di sa inyo di ba?

Dad: That's true. You are perfect just as you are! If at times you find conflicts along the way, KNOW that you are perfect just as YOU ARE.

O di ba?

No comments: