Saturday, January 26, 2008

Acronym for the week (from the Divine Mercy Shrine Sunday sermon)

I seldom hear mass. I actually stopped when I was in third year college for some tormenting reasons. Then I started hearing mass again regularly when I was at CyberSoft in the year 2001-2004. I stopped again when I was with OLFU although I occasionally hear masses from time to time. It became regular again in the last quarter of 2006 until the second quarter of 2007.

This year, i have been hearing early morning masses at the Divine Mercy Shrine. Lui introduced me the place. I don't know why, but I feel peace whenever I'm there. At first I find it corny, specially during the part after the sermon where we would all sing alam kong may magagawa ang Diyos (not sure if that's the title) because we were made to interact with one another by putting our left hand over another persons right shoulder and vice versa while we were being prompted to sing with the priest and feel the lyrics of the song. But after a while, it becomes a part of you.















Probably another reason why I like it there is because of the environment, simbang bukid kasi. The early morning mass is held outside of the church premises, talagang sa bukid siya ginagawa. And being the nature lover that I am, it really appealed to me.

This morning this is what I remembered from the sermon:


L ead others into the light
I
nspire others to do good
G ive warmth to everybody you see
H eal the division/disunity around you, and
T each the truth.

Easier said than done huh? Let's just try to make an effort to do good.

Have a blessed Sunday morning!

No comments: