Monday, January 28, 2008

Unknown Call

When my phone reflects an "unknown call" I know where it usually originates. The United States, or should I say, it is an overseas call. And I really don't get excited because I know that my relatives from the East Coast are once again up to something. I am not whining, its just that it makes my heart beat a little faster when I get that "unknown call" flashing wildly on my cellphone. I feel grateful that they check up on me, specially when they knew that I got TIA last December. Its just that for the last two months I've been getting a lot of calls from them because they wanted me to undergo MRI, they're worried because the doctor couldn't find anything except for the complicated migraine or to "fix" a teeny weeny problem back here regarding a wayward uncle, a cousin who doesn't want to go to college because of financial problems and would rather opt to work once she gets out of high school and a seemingly unending land disputes.

It's a good thing that I haven't got an 8-hour job to date. I could do all the errands they're requesting. At least it keeps me busy, it keeps me out of the house (where lately most of my stressors came from), and it stops me from thinking (bawal daw kasi ako mag-isip ng mag-isip, pwede ba 'yun?).

My phone reflected the last call time this morning as 00:43:20. Sabi nga ni Mami, "ang init na siguro ng tenga mo nun. Puro radiation na utak mo!" I told her all about the conversation. The whole family talked to me on the phone alternately, from Ninang, to Tito, and my cousins. It wasn't pure business. Most of it was kwentuhan and part of it was something like "You should come here Ate, I'll cover your plane fare. And the other one said, "What do you want? I had a hard time thinking of your pasalubong when I took Marlon last November for shopping that's why you never got any! Come over here and I'll take you shopping!" As if! That's easier said than done.

Well, I just got lucky today. Because according to my cousins, since I'm really nice to them and I don't ask for stuff (or should I say demand for stuff), Bhoy is giving me his 30GB Ipod Video and Bhaby is sending my favorite CK One eau de toilette. What can I say? *wink*

Thank you Bhoy and Bhaby for remembering me. If and when I get the chance to go to New Jersey, you'll be the first to know (syempre, you're gonna pay for my plane fare eh). We will not tell Ninang. Hehehehe!

No comments: