Thursday, January 24, 2008

To the moon and back?


I headed early to OLFU today to deliver the herbal soap that my dad makes. Ga is one of the regular customers of the papaya and citropine variants that my dad produces. She is also one of my barkada in the university who's asking me to take part in her business and travel to Cebu every once in a while to deal with her clients. I'm still thinking about it.

Anyways, I made it a point to go there early because I don't want to disrupt classes and at the same time I don't want to leave the house with the blaring sun. I couldn't take that. My migraine will be triggered by too much exposure to sun and at the same time I don't want to risk another stroke.

So, I got there around 07:45, classes already started. I parked my little devil right beside Ga's Hyundai Sonata or Matrix (I guess, I'm not so sure. Hehehehe) and then I called her up. She went down in a few minutes and I gave her the package.

I was about to leave when Sir Tots, the dean of College of Arts and Sciences arrived riding his motorcycle. I told myself, Shit! Mapapakwento pa ako nito. There was a little chit-chat, he was inviting me to his office but I refused. Making the excuse that I don't want to be caught na tirik ang araw sa daan. He knew that I was hospitalized and that I only got a 6hr class every Saturday at a local college. That was when he told me, Bumalik ka na dito.I would welcome you anytime. But for now, you need to take a rest.

I was flattered and at the same time thankful that there are people who would still want me to be a part of their team. I've had several offers to teach full time or be part of the administration but I haven't committed to any of them yet.

God is good. All the time. He knows what we need and offers it to us. We only have to decide if we're gonna take it or not.

No comments: