Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What keeps me sane nowadays

My notebook and mini-component keeps me company. I tinker with it a lot. Hopefully, I will be able to work from home representing an international company (AT&T, I guess) if and when the negotiations clicked. But that will be a separate blog entry if it pushes through. For now, I want you to take a peek of my gadgets.





Ever since I quit my job last December 16th, I have never regretted that decision. I learned how to love myself and give priority to my health the hard way. When I started being part of the entire workforce back in 1996, I never once stopped. If and when I resigned from one job, a few days later I would start on a new one. So the word vacation was really not in my vocabulary. I would work harder than anyone else because I wanted to be the best in everything I do. I know that I am a perfectionist much more an idealist which makes people close to me smirk whenever I turn into this rationalist maniac once in a while.







But now, everything changed and I am moving slower than my usual pace. In fact I hardly move. I keep still. But my mind wanders around. Perhaps that's the reason my neurologist gave me this regulated drug. I refused to take it at first, specially when I was in the hospital. But I realized that I needed it, so I gave in. Initially I took 1/4 tablet before bedtime. But I guess my tolerance was really that high. So now he makes me take half a tablet every night.

I learned how to treat myself right. Andaming magagalit sa akin kapag hindi eh. Hindi rin ako magiging masaya sa underworld kung saka-sakali. Kaya heto, nagpapakabait ako at sinusunod ng mga doctor. Hehehehe!

No comments: