Tuesday, February 26, 2008

5 hours in front of the laptop

...made my shoulders hurt, but I can take it. My eyes could stare at the monitor for more than 12 hours a day. Done that before and I'm doing it again. Hmmm... would it raise the grade of my eyes? Probably. Oh well, my brother let me take the website making job for a graduating ComSci student. I cared enough to ask why she needed someone to do it for her for a price. My brother told me that she probably had a lot of things at hand. I think otherwise. Tinatamad siguro o baka naman wala talaga natutunan sa klase kaya willing magbayad just to comply with the professors' requirement. O baka naman type ng kapatid ko kaya pumayag na gawin 'yung website.

And so I began to think again. Questions popped in my head like bubbles produced by a bubble machine. What motivates us to do things? Is it money? Is it utang na loob? Or we do things because we await something in exchange for what we're supposed to do? Ganun ba talaga? Lagi dapat may kapalit?

In communication, sabi nila dapat two way, there is the sender and there is a receiver. If the message sent is not received by the receiver, walang komunikasyon na nangyari. Pero what if the message was received kaya lang hindi naintindihan ng receiver, wala bang komunikasyon na nangyari? Take this for example:

Little Tree, a native of Kalinga Apayao, came to Manila in search of greener pastures. He doesn’t know anybody in Manila neither does he understand any other language other than his dialect, Ilocano. After two (2) months in Manila, Little Tree still cannot find a job, frustrated, he robbed a passenger jeepney. Unfortunately, members of the Manila Police District responded quickly and there and then arrested Little Tree. One of the policemen told Little Tree in English that he has the right to remain silent and to avail of the services of a lawyer if he can afford it, otherwise, he will be provided with one.

May nangyari bang komunikasyon dun kahit hindi sila nagkaintindihan? Iba kasi 'yung narinig mo sa naintindihan mo eh. Araw-araw kasi nakakarinig ako ng sigawan, nga mga pag-uusap na paangil, oo nga may nagpapadala ng mensahe, may tumatanggap rin ng mensahe. Pero naririnig lang, hindi naiintindihan.

San nga ba papunta 'tong
post na 'to? Hindi ko rin alam. Baka ikaw, alam mo.

I'm just thinking out loud.

No comments: