Friday, March 21, 2008

The best and the worst in you

"You bring out the best in me."

We've all heard it before but nobody seems to take it seriously. Sure, we read it on cards sent to us by people who care so much. But come to think of it, are there really a lot of people who can bring out the best in you? Or should there only be one? Well, I did think a lot of it today. And I wanted to ask my friends and do a survey about it, just for satisfying my curiosity. But the timing is off. Everyone seems to be on a silent mode these days, reflecting, praying or probably they're out-of-town spending time with their families since it's a long weekend. So, I just turned on my laptop and started tapping on the keyboard not really sure what's going to come out of this post.

When someone tells you that you bring out the best in her, you can't help but smile. You'd probably probe deeper and ask why that is and how that happened. Answers to the question could flatter you, maybe scare you a little and perhaps amaze you. That's normal. When you're in a relationship that long and conversations like this happen a lot, you're really lucky. It simply means that you and your partner has something to talk about and make you smile when there's not much to do and you just would like to reminisce all that has happened in the years that you've been together. I miss that.

So, when a person says "You bring out the best in me" you should be grateful that you have someone like her in your life. Don't ever let go of that person because you are definitely growing old with that person. And you would always have something to smile for everyday. Because you have her. Don't ever give her up, even if she tells you "You bring out the best and the worst in me." Why? Because she loves you. She really, really loves you.

No comments: