Monday, May 19, 2008

Old friends and acquaintances

We were busy with the parent's orientation this morning and I saw some familiar faces. Before the end of the orientation I was outside of the session hall entertaining questions from anxious parents. One parent approached me and said, kilala kita eh. Hindi ko lang maalala kung saan kita nakita. I smiled and asked her if she was from barangay Libtong. When she answered in the affirmative I told her that I practically grew up there. Another parent then said, anak siya ni Mrs. Oliva. These were my kababata in Libtong and they were about to enroll their 16 year old son in our college. Come to think if it, if I actually joined in the bandwagon I would probably have a teenager by now.

I was busy pondering on this thought when I saw Malou, my HS classmate. She approached me and said, anong ginagawa mo dito? I said I was a member of the faculty. She was surprised. She told me that she's an OB-Gyne and asked me kailan ka naman magpapatingin sa akin? Told her, ayoko nga patingin sa 'yo! After answering few of her questions regarding enrollment, she leaned over and said, single mom ako. Dalawa na anak ko, 11 months 'yung bunso. I just smiled. O ano, kailan ka magpapatingin?

Ah, people.

No comments: