Friday, October 17, 2008

Istayl Oliva

Men in my family (my mom as well as my dad's relatives) are well-known for their subtlety. They exude a certain kind of appeal that makes women take a second look and fall in love with them. I have seen how my uncles swept women off their feet. I don't know how they do it, they just do.

Being a Cruz and an Oliva heightened this trait. Last Thursday, my mom and I woke up early. We were drinking coffee when she asked me why my youngest brother's car isn't in the driveway yet. I told her I have no idea since I didn't get any message from him. Mom told me that he and two of my female cousins went out for a drink. On a Wednesday night? Weird. I knew my Mom was worried sick so I sent SMS to my brother and asked him where he was. He answered that he was on his way home. I told my Mom about it but still, she's palpitating. My brother already had a car accident once.

I took a bath and was already dressed up when my brother knocked at my door, Sabay ka ba kay Yaku? Lika na. I told him to wait up since Yaku sent me a message that he'll leave a little later. My youngest brother explained that he already went home in the wee hours of the morning and went out early because he had a business transaction. At five or six in the morning? Oh, come on! I knew right there and then that there's something fishy going on. I grinned.

On our way to Mercury-Malhacan he was looking at the mirror profusely. Then he blurted out, Bakit kaya parang may lipstick ako? Eh puyat na nga at nakainom? I wanted to just hit him hard and comment Tarantado, istayl mo! May kasama kang babae kagabi kaya ganyan lips mo! But I opted not to, baka kasi mapahiya at hindi na magkwento.

I told my wife about it and she had the same reaction. Only it came back to me. Manang-mana daw sa akin ang kapatid ko. Ehek!

Runs in the family? You be the judge.

;)

1 comment:

ian7474 said...

naku! hayaan mo na si boy. matanda na yan at dapat mag-asawa na rin. hehehe